Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Makes My Heart Smile
I thank God each and everyday for making me a mom. I cannot imagine my life without my sweet children and I really can't remember what life was like before them. Most days around my house are, to say the least, chaotic. Each day begins with the running to make it to school and the running doesn't seem to end until I close my eyes at night. I love those days where God allows me to see that maybe I am not doing that bad of a job after all. Being a mom, I pray daily for my children's health, their happiness, wisdom to show them right from wrong, and for them to answer the call from God at an early age. Of course, at ages 5 and 2 I often question myself if I am truly doing enough to start them in this direction. Today, Sam, my 5 year old, was watching a preview for a documentary about King Tut. As he grew more and more interested in this, his eyes began to widen. When he was done, he turned to me and said, "Mom, that show is about King Tut. He was king of all the earth! But, Mom, we have a new King now, King Jesus." Wow, you talk about making a mama's heart swell! Then as he talked to my mom the other night, she was telling him about how much everyone loved him. He said, "Yes, Meme, I know, but I love God more than Mom, Dad, or Eli!"
I just thank God that he allows me to see small glimpses that His love is so tender that even a little rowdy five year old can feel and know it. I think about how God has used Sam, already so much, in his short life span. After losing everything I had ever known, God provided this special, loving little man.
Thank you, Father, for loving me so much. Thank you for loving my boys more than I can ever love them. And thank you for allowing me to see that you are all powerful and can even touch the little hearts that listen to you and want to know more about you.
Pam

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you have started a blog. I pull Tanner's blog up at school and look at it all day long. So, I keep up with blogs more than facebook! Your family is adorable. I know you have your hands full with two boys. God is so good! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes teared up reading this post. God is good......and bigger than we can even imagine!!

    ReplyDelete