Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jacob!




Today, 6 years ago, my sweet little nephew, Jacob Saxon Sims, was born. He was the first of what we call, the triplets. I have another nephew that was born two months later in November, and then our sweet miracle was born the next month in December. These three boys all born months apart. So sweet. Such blessings.
Jacob is such a special, darling child. His mom was diagnosed with cancer shortly after his first birthday and I was blessed to step in and help as much as I could with a toddler myself. As they grew and our sweet Spring grew weaker and sicker, we were able to take Jake along with us on many road trips, fun weekend getaways, and such. He just became one of mine. His smile can light up a room. And the best thing is, that smile is just like his Mama's.
Birthdays are always a little bittersweet for me with her two unbelievably sweet children. I wonder what she would think of them, what she would do differently. She, more like a sister to me than an in-law, is missed so much everyday, but on these days it seems to be a little more. But today when Jacob blew out his number 6 candle, I have no doubt that Spring matched him smile for smile.
I am in awe when I see how the Lord has taken these ashes left from Spring's death and turned them into beauty. The new family the Lord has graciously added to us. Libby, Wyatt, Cole, and Joey. And I am also in awe of how Spring lives on everyday through two little boys. Two little boys that I can't wait to see what God has in store for them. Happy Birthday, Jacob! Pam Pam loves you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Pam, Thank you so much for sharing from the heart about Jacob. I got to talk to him a short time last night and am missing those boys so much. I am so thankful that he is surrounded by so many positive and loving adults , family and peers. His mama's hearts desire was that her boys would know how much God loves them and cares. They can see and feel His love through wonderful folks like you, Eddie, Sam and Eli. I am singing praises to God for all the "beauty from ashes" that HE has done. Love you all so much, Aunt Vivie
    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Pam Pam... This made me boohoo, like pull out the tissue to wipe away the slobber, snot, and tears, boohoo! Jacob's such a blessed little boy to have you as a Pam Pam... you are amazing, and I'm sure that this was a great comfort to Spring as she went home to meet our Lord... that she knew her boys would be taken care of!!! I love you... what a great way to honor her memory!!!

    ReplyDelete